Monday, February 23, 2009

Welcome to the Massachusetts Budget Blog

Last November, when Question #1, the Income Tax repeal was being debated, I was alarmed at the lack of understanding about how the Commonwealth's budget really works as the question was being debated. As the developer of a budget tracking service, I hope to bring clear facts and hard numbers to any future discussion of the budget.
  • For the uninitiated, I hope this blog turns into a place where one can get some basic facts about the budget, as well as some real numbers.

  • For the budget cognoscenti, I hope this blog will turn into a venue for intelligent discussion of the budget, including a market place of ideas.

  • For the Administration, the Legislature and others involved in the crafting of the state budget, I invite your participation.
I don't have all the answers, that's for sure. What I do have is a small and growing mountain of raw data. I plan to use that data to compare budget documents and ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment